Monday, June 22, 2009

A New Start

Hey everybody,

So I know I've been here almost a week and I haven't posted yet - sorry, it's been a little hectic getting settled in and stuff. I made the big move to Manassas, Virginia this past Tuesday. My mom and I packed my car full of books, clothes, my TV, and bunch of other things and made the 10-hour drive from Detroit to DC. My friend Rebecca and I are living with my Aunt Andi and Uncle Mike until we're able to find jobs and get an apartment of our own.

Although it's obviously very exciting that I just moved across the country and all, I haven't done much exciting since getting here. My mom and I went shopping and bought some stuff for my room (aka my cousin Chris' old bedroom) and I set up a new bank account and stuff so that I can have money down here. My mom left on Thursday and Becca's mom left on Saturday morning, so we're all on our own now. Today I joined a gym - now that I have lots of time on my hands, it's time to start working out and get back in shape.

Other than that, I'm just going to start applying for jobs, calling people, and doing whatever I can to get hired by somebody and get my foot in the door. Wish me luck! I'll write again soon with updates.

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment